Construction -Gyro Air’s frame and cabinet are constructed with high tensile steel and are powder coated inside and out with zero toxicity paint. The blower impeller is made of high strength aluminum for spark resistance. The two separators are made of 100% stainless steel for a lifetime of strength and reliability.
Compact Size –Relative to standard DC’s and Cyclones, Gyro Air is compact in size being only 33-7/8” high (vs. 70” for DC’s), allowing it to be stowed under a work table to save space.
- Chips and dust fall into one of two bins (32 gallon capacity) which are lined with disposable poly bags. Larger chips in the first bin and smaller in the second.
- These bins are internally mounted and are sealer to prevent leakage.
- To empty, simply open the side panel, roll the bins out on their track, pull out the full bags, re-line, and close. We highly recommend our specially designed dust bags which are made from recycled material and are fire proof.
- A full bin indicator is located on the control panel to let the user know that the bins are nearing full capacity and it will automatically shut off the system when one of the bins are full.
- Two pleated filters provide 75 sq. ft. of filter area permitting sufficient air flow for effective operation of the system.
- Each filter is 5 micron (changing soon) which is more than sufficient due to the unique way in which Gyro Air operates and the small amount of dust which gets to them (0.1%)
- Both filters have cleaning brush handles easily operated at waist height and any dust which drops through the filters is easily collected in a capped pipe below the filters for removal.
- A remote on/off is available for convenience.
- Gyro Air comes with a 4”/2” connector that fits over the 6” inlet port.
- Gyro Air is heavier than many Dc’s and is equipped with heavy duty casters for easy movement.
Types of dust Gyro Air can collect
- Gyro Air needs only occasional manual cleaning. The filters have a much longer life because of the light duty load in operation
- Gyro air not only collects wood dust but also dry metal, plastic, food and stone dust.
- It is not designed for wet dust, explosives, or liquids.