HW615 15” Industrial Band Saw
Band saws are relatively simple machines that have not changed much over the years. Harvey Industries has over 20 years’ experience building band saws for many different brands. The new HW615 Band Saw is a direct result of this experience to build a best-in-class machine to serve heavy-duty users.
The basic concept behind the HW615 is to make a truly heavy-duty, powerful and precise band saw which will provide you the power and versatility for any job that you can throw at it.
The HW615 is built with a 3 HP, 220v motor to ensure enough power to undertake any job that a 15” bandsaw can handle; Solid, reinforced structural steel frame; Premium, heavy-duty cast iron wheels; A substantial 20”x 20” table; Dual trunnions for superior stability and a PS Wood TPC Series blade as standard equipment. All of these add to the precision, smoothness and solid performance of this machine.
- The HW615 has 15” dynamically balanced cast iron wheels for smooth operation and extra torque when running.
- The upper wheel support is a two-post design that evenly carries the heavy loads of tensioning and maintains a precise trajectory to ensure tracking.
- Quick tensioning levers allow you to make blade changes quickly and effortlessly. A tracking window assists in safely tracking your blade.
- The lower drive wheel is belt-driven and has a foot brake for quick stops. Brushes are included to control the dust.
- Micro-switches on the top and bottom doors add to user safety by avoiding start-up with the doors open.
- The cast iron table is fully supported by a dual trunnion system which carries the load on either side of the blade. A gas shock assists in the tilting of this heavy table as it goes through its range from -15° to 47°. There is an adjustable positive stop at 90°
- The table has a large two-position fence with a heavy-duty steel channel rail. This provides tremendous accuracy and versatility whether doing standard flatwork or resawing.
- The standard-sized miter gauge slot is T-slotted and accepts most miter gages in the market.
- The ball bearing guides are easily adjusted without the need for tools. They ride up and down the full travel while the blade is protected with a steel blade guard. Height adjustments are made with a rack and pinion handle at the front of the machine.
- The 220V, 3HP, single-phase motor is a proven performer which will provide many years of service under heavy use.
- We supply a 132” ¾” x 3 TPC Series PS Wood blade with each machine and proudly recommend their blades for all your band sawing needs.